Bacon waffles are the ultimate choice in breakfast food for me. A crispy, chewy waffle filled with pieces of crispy bacon, drenched with syrup and a little butter – what could be better? Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), not a single restaurant within a 30 mile radius of our house has these on their menu. As soon as I saw the waffle maker I got for Christmas, I just knew I would have to christen it with a batch of these sinful waffles.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp maple extract, optional
- 1/2 lb cooked and crumbled bacon (Perfect for leftover bacon.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. Temper or cool the melted butter and add to the egg mixture, along with the extracts. Fold in the bacon.
- Bake according to the instructions on your waffle maker.
Stop by Blessed With Grace for more Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.