Stolen Moments with Amy

A few weeks ago, my friend Amy and I decided we’d undertake a little adventure together. Read all about it here, and make sure you stop by her blog to read what I’m sharing over there about the Cooking During Stolen Moments method too. I can’t recommend her blogs (yes, both of them!) highly enough … Read more

Cajun Chicken Noodle Soup


At the end of summer, I had this idea to host a soup party in the fall or early winter. My vision was to set out a buffet of about 8 different soups, some assorted breads and lots of bowls. I thought it would be so fun. I still think it would be fun. But, … Read more

Seeds of Change Review & Giveaway

One of the things I was most excited about when we moved into this house was the large backyard. The kids saw places to play, my husband saw lawn that would need mowing (and after 10 years living in a condo, he was looking forward to it!) and I saw a blank canvas ready and … Read more

Crustless Coconut Pie


Today, January 23rd, is National Pie Day. You know, the thing I love most about food holidays is that they are so easy to celebrate. There is a day celebrating nearly every food that you can think of. But pie day definitely tops my list; it’s right up there with National Chocolate Day! In addition … Read more

Seafood Recipe Videos #2

As promised, here are a few more awesome seafood recipes for you. Sweet Chili Glazed Tilapia Mini Crab Cakes and Lemon Aioli Peeling A Raw Pepper (Okay, I know it’s not a seafood recipe but it’s a great tip!) Do you enjoy watching these cooking videos? I’ve been contemplating do a vlog every so often. … Read more

Chicken Enchilada Chili


Chicken Enchilada Chili is full of flavor with a subtle spiciness that adults and kids will both love. Pair with tortilla chips and fresh avocado slices.

Get Your Daily Deal Fix

Have you noticed the increasing number of local “daily deal email” companies?  There are lots of options out there for people who love taking advantage of deals. My family definitely falls into that category! Our budget doesn’t have a lot of wiggle room for non-essentials. But like everyone else, we do enjoy the occasional splurge. … Read more

Cheesy Chickpeas & Broccoli


Our 3 year old Gracie is absolutely crazy about chickpeas. Ask her what she wants for breakfast, lunch or dinner and she’ll say “chickpeas!” 80% of the time. (The other 20% is reserved for her second favorite, grilled cheese.) She’ll even walk around the table whenever chickpeas are being served in some capacity with her … Read more

Bacon Cooking Tips

Bacon – just the mere mention of it is enough to make me drool. I love bacon probably a little more than I should, although probably not as much as my husband. Try as I might (and I’ve tried twice), I just can’t eat this sandwich whereas he can clean his plate and still ask … Read more

Chocolate & Peanut Butter No-Bake Bars


We used to live less than 5 minutes away from this amazing gourmet food market. We loved to take the kids there on a Saturday or Sunday and just walk around for an hour or two – sampling the samples, watching the train that goes around the ceiling or daydreaming about the fancy foods. We’d … Read more