The ingredients in this dish might sound like an odd combination, but trust when I tell you the result is absolutely delicious! Plus, it is so quick to throw together and it goes well with many different meals. This is one of those veggie dishes that has my kids asking for seconds and thirds. So you know it’s got to be a winner.
The horseradish in the recipe provides a great flavor but not too much spice. The final product is a perfectly flavorful yet mellow combination. And the cracker crumb topping just add to the crunch and flavor.
Zesty Vegetable Side Dish
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 heaping T. fresh horseradish
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1 lb. bag California blend frozen vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
- 1 c. crushed saltine crackers
- 2 T. butter or margarine, melted
1. In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, horseradish and pepper. Add frozen veggies and stir to coat. Pour mixture into a small casserole dish.
2. Combine crushed saltines and melted butter or margarine in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the top of the veggies.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25, until top is golden brown.
We prefer this with the California blend combination of veggies, but you can use broccoli, carrots or cauliflower on their own, instead of all three together. You also can use fresh veggies in place of the frozen if you’d like. Just steam for about 5-10 minutes first.