I’m sure my affinity for pasta salads has been made quite clear the past few weeks. There is just nothing better on a hot summer night than a refreshing pasta salad, at least as far as I’m concerned.
This pasta salad was used as a side dish for our family, but it could easily be made into a full meal with the addition of some beans or cooked chicken. The secret to this salad is to let the veggies marinate in the dressing over night. They soften just a little bit while they marinate and absorb tons of flavor.
Very Veggie Pasta Salad
- 1/2 lb. cucumber, peeled
- 1/2 lb. grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 lb. carrots, peeled
- 1/4 lb. cauliflower
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1 lb. tri-color rotini, cooked, drained and chilled
1. Cut cucumbers into quarters lengthwise and slice. Cut tomatoes in half. Cut carrots in half lengthwise and slice. Cut cauliflower into tiny florets. Dice green pepper. Place all veggies into a large plastic or glass bowl. (Do not use a metal bowl.)
2. Pour entire bottle of salad dressing over veggies. Add seasonings and stir to combine. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
3. Add chilled, cooked pasta to veggies and toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.