Sometimes I really appreciate the fact that I tend to be lazy. Honestly, I work hard in the kitchen only so that I can take a few days off! And beyond that, my laziness tends to feed my creativity. Which is what happened today. I really wanted to serve twice-baked potatoes with our meatloaf cup dinner. However, I could not find my motivation for getting involved in that whole process. Hence…Twice-Baked Potato Casserole
- 2 lbs. potatoes, unpeeled and cubed
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 c. sour cream or 1/2 c. sour cream and 1/2 c. Ranch dressing
- 4-5 slices chopped bacon, cooked
- 2 c. cheese
- 2 t. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 t. garlic powder
!. Boil potatoes until fork-tender. Drain and return to pot. Slightly mash potatoes before adding any other ingredients.
2. Add cream cheese, sour cream (or sour cream and ranch), bacon, 1 c. cheese and the seasonings to the potatoes. Stir until well combined.
3. Transfer the potato mixture to a small casserole dish. Cover with remaining cheese. Refrigerate or bake immediately at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.*If I had had some green onions on hand, I definitely would have added those too!
And stop by The Grocery Cart Challenge to join the recipe swap.