I am a huge fan of curry dishes of any kind. And fortunately, my family is too. This dish is another example of a meal that is perfect for stolen moments-style cooking. The flavors will develop while it sits in the refrigerator and the reheated dish tastes better at dinnertime than if it had been served immediately. However, it still tastes great if you eat it right away too.
You can also play around with the meat and veggies used for this meal. Chicken or shrimp would be perfect in place of the turkey, or the meat could even be left out altogether.Turkey & Vegetable Curry
- 3 T. Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pkg. Asian-style frozen vegetables
- 3 T. flour
- 2 T. curry powder
- 1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
- 2 c. cubed, fully cooked turkey
- 1 1/2 c. chicken stock
- 1/3 c. coconut, optional
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the onion and frozen veggies and cook just until the onion is translucent.2. Add the flour, curry powder, crushed red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper. Stir and cook 3-5 minutes, until the seasonings come together and form a paste over the vegetables.3. Add the turkey and chicken stock. 4. Bring the stock to a boil and gently simmer for 10 minutes, or until somewhat thickened.