We are all longing for spring around here. It just can’t come soon enough! Eric has been asking for me to start incorporating spring type meals into my cooking. I definitely know where he’s coming from. So when I was writing out the grocery lists for our monthly shopping trips this weekend, I made sure to include plenty of ingredients that would allow me to make those kinds of meals.
We spent a combined total of probably 5 hours grocery shopping and unloading groceries this weekend, but it feels great to have it all done. There is just no feeling I love more in the world then seeing our pantry, refrigerator and freezer stocked full of food. It makes me so happy each month. Although at the start of every month I always feel like there’s no way we’ll eat everything by the end of the month. But we do. In fact, it’s starting to go so much faster than it used to. These kids eat a lot! We’re already stressing over what it will be like as the years go on.
Anyhow, on to the recipe. This pasta salad comes together so quickly and it is so delicious. It definitely added a taste of spring to our Sunday night dinner!
Tortellini & Broccoli Salad
- 1 9 oz. package cheese tortellini
- 1 crown broccoli
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/4 lb. grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 6 oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 t. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1 1/2 c. Italian salad dressing
1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. While tortellini cooks, cut broccoli into florets. Slice green onions and cut tomatoes in hlaf. Place in a large bowl. Add olives, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
2. Drain tortellini and rinse with cold water. Add to the bowl and pour salad dressing over all. Stir to combine and refrigerate until eating. For best flavor, refrigerate for at least 4 hours before eating.