With the older kids on spring break this week, we have managed to enjoy some lazy mornings and big breakfasts. (Although the rest of my spring break plans aren’t doing so well.) I think my favorite part of serving everyone a big breakfast is that I can get away with making a smaller, snack type lunch. Oh, and I guess the food. Gotta love breakfast foods!
This morning’s breakfast was a HUGE success and one that I will definitely be repeating a lot. Especially once summertime hits and we can enjoy these lazy mornings all the time.
Strawberries & Cream Waffle Sandwiches
For each sandwich:
- 2 waffles (This is the waffle recipe I use the most.)
- 1/3 c. Cool Whip (or similar whipped topping)
- 4-6 strawberries, trimmed and sliced
- 1 t. powdered sugar
1. Spread all but about 2 teaspoons of the Cool Whip on the top of one waffle. Top with sliced strawberries. (Reserve a few slices to garnish the top.)
2. Top with the second waffle. Dollop the remaining Cool Whip on the center of the top waffle. Place the leftover strawberry slices in the Cool Whip and sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
I realize this is less a recipe and more a method, but I still had to share. You could easily duplicate the same taste with pancakes or French toast in place of the waffles too. And I bet just about any fruit would work just as well also.
This is one breakfast that might seem a little decadent and indulgent, but trust me, you won’t regret it!
Stop by Designs By Gollum for more Foodie Friday.