I think Sundays are my favorite day of the week in the summertime. We spend the day together, not doing much of anything at all, running a few errands or enjoying the weather and just being outside with each other. Then at some point it occurs to us all that we should probably eat something. So a quick but special dinner becomes top priority.
Steak & Potato Salad is definitely quick, delicious and just special enough to make the perfect Sunday night dinner at our house!
Steak & Potato Salad
- 2 lbs small Yukon Gold or red skin potatoes
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- 1/3 c. sliced green onions
- 1 c. sour cream
- 3 T. rice wine or red wine vinegar
- 2 T. prepared horseradish
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1 – 1 1/2 lb. strip steak
- Additional salt & pepper
1. Place potatoes in a large pot filled with cold water and bring to a boil. Boil for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender. Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon and rinse with cold water. Meanwhile, add asparagus to the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes, just until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. Cut potatoes into quarters and place in a large bowl with the asparagus and sliced onions.
3. In a small bowl stir together the sour cream, vinegar, horseradish, olive oil and salt and pepper until well combined. Pour on top of the potatoes and asparagus and stir to coat. Refrigerate until using.
4. Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides and grill until desired doneness. Let rest for 5 minutes then slice into thin slices.
5. Line plates with lettuce and top with potato salad and steak. Enjoy!