With all of the Christmas cookie baking I did today, I decided to treat myself to a fun dessert after getting the kids to bed. It was so good that I quickly put some together to have in the freezer for when my husband gets home from work.
By themselves, both the cookies and the ice cream are incredible, but when you combine them into one…I don’t even know where to begin describing the deliciousness! The flavors are a perfect seasonal match.
- 1 c. butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 3/4 c. flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 2 t. cinnamon
1. Cream butter or margarine and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Whisk or sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add to creamed until combined.
3. Place dough in refrigerator and let chill for at least 2 hours.
4. Roll about 1 t. of dough into a ball. Combine 1/3 c. sugar with cinnamon. Roll dough in cinnamon sugar until covered.
5. Place dough on cookie sheets, flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass, and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until edges are very lightly browned.
To make the ice cream sandwiches, put a scoop of semi-softened egg nog ice cream onto the bottom of 1 cookie and top with another. If you want to firm the ice cream a bit, put the sandwich in the freezer for a few minutes. Otherwise, if you’re like me and can’t wait for that, just take a bite!
Stop by Blessed With Grace for more Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.