Today is National S’Mores Day! So I’m a little late with posting, but I think a day like S’Mores Day can be celebrated for a few days afterwards, don’t you?
I don’t have a new recipe to share today. Instead, I have a blast from the past with of one of my favorite recipes that I’ve ever posted. S’More Topped Brownies!
I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves.
S’More Topped Brownies
(I used my basic “Ditch-The-Box-And-Never-Look-Back” brownie recipe as the base, but I’m reposting it here for convenience sake.)
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1 1/2 c. broken graham crackers
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 2 c. mini marshmallows
- 1 Hershey bar, broken into individual pieces
1. Heat sugar and butter in a medium pot over low heat until butter is completely melted, stirring often. Remove from heat, stir in 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips until melted, and let cool to room temperature.
2. In a small bowl, briefly whisk the eggs. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of chocolate mixture to the eggs and stir to combine, just to temper the eggs. Then pour all of eggs into the pot with the melted chocolate. Stir to combine.
3. Stir in flour, vanilla and baking soda until well blended. Pour into a greased 13×9 casserole dish.
4. In a small bowl, combine the graham crackers and butter and sprinkle over the brownies. Add the marshmallows and the chocolate pieces.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes.