This is a super easy side dish that is full of fresh, summer flavors. For some reason, I just can’t get enough fresh green beans this year. They’re just so good and so simple to prepare. Plus, we all love them no matter how they are prepared.
The inspiration for this dish came from my friend Nancy’s post on kids and veggies. (Check out that beautiful picture of her similar dish!)
Simple Green Beans & Tomato Saute
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 lb tomatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 T. fresh dill (or 1 t. dried dill)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and green beans. Cook for 3 minutes, reduce heat, cover and cook an additional 6-8 minutes, until green beans are tender but still a little crispy.
2. Add the tomatoes, dill and salt & pepper. Cook an additional minute until tomatoes are heated through. Serve hot or at room temperature.
What fresh fruit or veggie is your family enjoying this summer? As much as I’m loving the green beans, I can’t wait for fresh corn season! It’s a little late this year.
Before you go, please click over here to pick up a free copy of The Frugal Kitchen ebook which I just finished putting together. I’d also love your input on a new Stolen Moments Menu Planning service that I’m getting ready to roll out. Thanks!
Vote for Cooking During Stolen Moments at the BlogLuxe awards.