We’ve had to do some adjusting with breakfast time around our house since school started. This is the first time ever that we’ve needed to worry about having a quick breakfast that allows Isabelle to get out the door quickly.
I’ll admit something I’ve never wanted to admit – 4 out of the 5 school morning breakfasts we’ve had so far have been cold cereal. I hang my head in shame! But, it’s allowed us to adjust to having any schedule in the morning without losing our minds.
I do NOT want to keep relying on the cold cereal breakfasts though. So I’ve decided that I’ll be making muffins once a week, a batch of pancakes or French toast once a week, and the other mornings will be for smoothies, oatmeal or scrambled eggs and toast. The muffins and French toast I’ll make in bulk so that we get a few days worth out of them.
These muffins are a favorite around here. The kids like the chunks of peach and I like the fact that they are nutritious and filling. The muffins have a taste similar to a spice cake that pairs perfectly with the fresh peaches and oats.
Peach Oatmeal Muffins
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. applesauce
- 2 T. oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. milk
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 1/3 c. flour (white, wheat or any combination of the two)
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- 1/4 t. ground ginger
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 c. oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1 large peach, diced (about 1 1/2 c.)
1. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat/mix until well combined. Combine remaining ingredients, except peaches, in a separate bowl and whisk for 1 minute. Slowly add to wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in peaches.
2. Pour batter into greased muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Stop by We Are THAT Family for more Works For Me Wednesday.