My husband and I have been in love with the combination of Mediterranean flavors lately. We keep looking for new ways to incorporate Feta cheese and Kalamata olives into as many dishes as we can. If you’ve got some suggestions, we’d love to hear them!!
When I was making some simple, lightly seasoned chicken breasts last week, I knew I’d need to boost the flavor-quotient of the whole meal by making a bolder side dish. As I looked through the fridge hoping for some inspiration, my eyes landed on those 2 ingredients and I got to brainstorming. I started tossing ingredients into a skillet and within minutes, I couldn’t wait to dig in. And fortunately, the rest of the family was pretty happy to dig in too. I’ll admit that 2 of the 5 kids chose to pick out their olives, but all in all, I’d call this one a winner! Although it comes together very quickly, it’s full of great flavor.
Pasta with Kalamata Olives, Feta & Pine Nuts
- 1 lb. tubular-shaped pasta
- 1 t. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/8 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb. frozen broccoli
- 1/2 c. sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1/4 t. thyme
- 1/4 c. pine nuts
- 1/2 c. crumbled Feta cheese
1. Cook pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook for 2 minutes then stir in tomatoes, broccoli, olives, salt, pepper and thyme. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Add pine nuts.
2. Stir cooked, drained pasta into the skillet. Top with Feta and serve immediately. Enjoy!