Oatmeal Butterscotch Bars

I have tried making granola bars more times than I can count. And every single time, I’m not happy with the end product. I’ll keep trying though.

Until I find that perfect recipe, I’m happy making these as a substitute. They’re probably not as good for you as granola bars since they are much closer to a cookie than a granola bar, but they sure are good.They are a favorite snack around our house.

If you’re not a butterscotch fan, you can replace the butterscotch chips with raisins or chocolate chips.

Oatmeal Butterscotch Bars

• 1 c. butter or margarine
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 3/4 c. brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 1 1/4 c. flour
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1/2 t. cinnamon
  • 3 c. oats
  • 1 c. butterscotch chips

1. Beat the butter or margarine with the sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue beating until well combined.

2. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to the mixing bowl and beat just until combined.

3. By hand, stir in the oats and butterscotch chips. Press into a greased 15×10 baking (jelly-roll) pan and bake at 375 degrees for 18-22 minutes, until lightly browned.

By the way, if you have a tried-and-true, never-fail granola recipe, I’d love to hear about it!!

• Share/Bookmark

Comments

1. Merrilee says:

Once a Month Mom (http://onceamonthmom.com/may-menu-instructions-grocery-list-labels-and-podcast/) included granola bars in her May menu. I have made the recipe 3 times now & love it – as do my kids. I’ve brought them to my daughter’s “co-op” school & shared them with the moms there & they all asked for the recipe too.
    Here is the recipe. I have always doubled it!

2. Sarah C says:

These bars look delicious, but I actually have been using Alton Brown’s granola bar recipe for a few years and am always very pleased. I’ve substituted recklessly and the result always has people raving!

Give it a try: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/granola-bars-recipe/index.html

3. good topic >>> go ahead

4. sheba says:

They look delicious!

5. Denise says:

I haven’t made granola bars, but for some yummy trail mix type granola, I’ve made this a few times and the kids always ask for more :)

6. it is wonderful!

7. Rachel Addison says:

I made these last night but substituted chocolate chips. Everyone loved them! I have to be careful not to eat too many. Thanks for sharing.

8. I’m with you on the search for granola bars… but I definitely think these will be an acceptable substitute in the meanwhile! Yum! I linked to these on my weekly roundup, post is under my name. Thanks for sharing!

9. Teri says:

These are my all time favorite cookies. I never thought of making them into bars but they look delicious!

10. People all over the world take the loan in various creditors, just because it is fast and easy.

11. What’s Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It positively helpful
    and it has aided me out loads. I’m hoping to contribute & aid other users like its aided me.

Good job.

12. Marian says:

I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thoughnt this post was good.
    I don’t know who you are but definitely you’re going to a
    famous blogger if you are nnot already ;) Cheers!