Remember last month when I told you that I was going to be part of the Frigidaire Test Drive program while enjoying a brand new Frigidaire Gallery® Range with Symmetry™ Double Oven? Well, my fantastic new oven has become an amazingly welcome addition to our little kitchen. And now I’m at the point where I’m wondering how I ever lived without it!
Here are just a few of the features that I love and have come to rely on on a daily basis:
- The “quick boil” burner that boils a pot of water in about half of the time as a regular burner.
- The “quick preheat” that heats the top oven to any desired temperature in just 4 minutes.
- The top oven is a convection oven, which I’ve never used before. But I love how it cuts down on the cooking time and there have been a few occasions lately when those few saved minutes were vitally important.
- I extra fifth burner that is a warming burner. You know those times when the gravy is done before the rest of the meal or you need to keep something warm while waiting for everyone to get to the table. This burner is perfect for that!
- I don’t really think this needs to be said, but I’ll say it anyhow – Double Ovens! One oven at one temperature and the other oven at a different one. I had NO idea this was something I needed until I started actually using it.
- The automatic oven settings that cook certain foods for you from start to finish. For example, place a frozen pizza in a cold oven and push the pizza button. The oven heats to the right temperature, cooks the food and then automatically switches over to the “keep warm” setting. It feels very Jetson-ish.
I’ll be completely honest here and let you know that there was a bit of a learning curve for me while I got used to using the range. The burners get really hot, which is a good thing, but it does take a little time to get used to. In fact, I burned ground beef for the first time ever when using the range early on. I’ve learned to start the burners at a much lower heat than what seems logical to me and go up from there instead of the other way around.
I can’t wait for Thanksgiving next week when I’ll get to really put the range and ovens to the test! I’m probably going to cook way more food than I’ll need, just because I can. That just means we’ll get to enjoy leftovers for days, and there’s nothing wrong with that!