This past Saturday, we enjoyed one of our favorite Christmas traditions – paying a visit to my father-in-law at work. That may sound like a rather boring tradition…until you see this:
And what makes a better treat after a visit with Grandpa Santa then a big, steamy mug of hot chocolate served with some traditional Mexican Wedding Cookies?
Mexican Wedding Cookies
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar, divided
- 2 t. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 1 c. ground pecans
1. In a mixing bowl, beat together butter and 1/4 c. powdered sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and beat until combined.
2. Roll dough into balls working with a teaspoon of dough at a time. (Dough can be chilled first for easier handling, if desired.) Place onto a cookie sheet.
3. Bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes, until set.
4. Pour remaining powdered sugar into a bowl. Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar and cool on a wire rack. Roll cookies in powdered sugar again after they are completely cooled, if desired.