Dinner Idea #1 – Chicken and stuffing casserole w/ broccoli in cheese sauce
- 1 lb bone-in chicken breasts ($1/lb in the family pack)
- Chicken gravy (In the bottle or homemade)
- 1 pkg. Kraft Stove Top Stuffing Mix (10/$10; 11th free)
- 1 box Green Giant frozen broccoli in cheese sauce (10/$10; 11th free)
1. Cook chicken in 350 degree oven until fully cooked. Shred or dice chicken. Stir into 2 c. chicken gravy.
2. Prepare Kraft Stove Top stuffing mix according to package directions. Press into 8×8 casserole dish. Cover stuffing with chicken and gravy. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly. Serve with broccoli in cheese sauce.
Dinner Meal Idea #2 – Loaded Tuna Melts with Maple-glazed carrots
- 1 can Bumble Bee chunk white tuna in water (10/$10; 11th free)
- 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms (from Pennsylvania Dutch sliced mushrooms – 10/$10; 11th free)
- 1 c. chopped fresh broccoli (10/$10; 11th free)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 t. curry powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Aunt Millie’s English Muffins (10/$10; 11th free)
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (frim Meijer chunk cheese – 3/$5)
1. Combine tuna, mushrooms, broccoli, onion, mayonnaise, curry and salt and pepper. Split English muffins and place on a cookie sheet. Spread with 2 tablespoons tuna mixture. Top each with shredded cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted.
For the carrots:
Steam a 1 lb. bag of baby carrots (10/$10; 11th free). Drain. Melt 1/4 c. butter or margarine in a small saucepan. Stir in 2 T. brown sugar and 2 T. maple syrup. Pour over carrots and toss to combine.
Other dinner ideas:
- Seasoned Chicken Breasts ($1/lb in family pack), mashed potatoes (5lb. Idaho russets – 2/$4), and steamed broccoli (10/$10; 11th free)
- Cheesy Tuna Casserole served with Dole Salad Blends (3/$5)
And for a breakfast idea, try this Cinnamon-Apple Stuffed French Toast. Take advantage of the apples that are $1/lb. and Aunt Millie’s bread that is 4/$5. Serve with a package of Brown & Serve sausage (10/$10; 11th free). This meal would be hearty enough for a breakfast-for-dinner meal also.