On Saturday morning, my husband decided we were having hot dogs for dinner. It had been a long time since we ate hot dogs, because we usually save those for summertime. So I was all for it.
As dinner time rolled around, I wanted to make us a nice side dish. So I thought a potato salad would be perfect. But I didn’t want just any potato salad. I wanted something a little different. Since we’re all such fans of the loaded baked potato flavor, I decided a Loaded Baked Potato Salad would be perfect.
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 1 lb. potatoes, diced
- 1 T. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. Ranch dressing
- 1 T. vinegar
- 1 c. shredded cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 c. sliced green onions
- Additional salt and pepper, to taste
1. Toss the diced potatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Spread on a baking sheet or in a casserole dish and bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until tender. Stir a few times while cooking.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, Ranch dressing and vinegar. Add the potatoes and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving, at least 30 minutes.
3. Just before serving, stir in cheese, bacon, green onions and salt and pepper to taste.