Lentil & Rice Burritos
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 T. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c. brown rice, fully cooked
- 1 1/2 c. lentils, fully cooked
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 T. chili powder
- 3 t. cumin
- 2 t. salt
- 1 t. oregano
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
- 1 c. shredded cheese, optional
- 10 tortillas (I use homemade, but store-bought will work just as well)
1. Cook onion, green pepper and garlic in hot olive oil for 5 minutes. Cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cooled veggies with the lentils, rice, tomatoes and seasonings. Stir to combine.
3. Generously scoop filling into tortillas; sprinkle optional cheese on top of the filling, if desired. Roll up tortillas, place in a casserole dish. (If making this ahead of time, store in the refrigerator at this point.)
4. Place casserole dish in a 350 degree oven and cook until heated through, about 15 minutes. Top with sour cream, if desired.