Here’s a super quick and easy recipe for those of you who have requested more snack recipes. These chips make a great snack by themselves, with dip of some kind or as a base for a bean salsa or nachos. They’re also the perfect accompaniment to lots of different soups.
We really like the spice in these chips. They taste almost reminiscent of a Dorito, without all that cheesy mess on your fingers. (But it’s SO good, isn’t it?) However, if your family is not a fan of spicy, you could top them with just salt or cinnamon and sugar for a sweet treat.
Homemade Spicy Tortilla Chips
- 4 – 6 tortillas (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 1/4 t. each – chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt
- 1/8 t. cayenne pepper
1. Cut each tortilla into equally-sized wedges. (6 or 8 wedges per tortilla will give you the best size.) Spread in a single layer on 2 cookie sheets and brush with melted butter.
2. In a small bowl, add all of the spices and stir until combined. Sprinkle the spice combination over the chips in desired quantities.
3. Bake chips at 350 degrees for 6-10 minutes, until golden and crispy.