A few months ago, my husband fell hard for the newest McDonald’s goodie – the McSnack Wrap. It’s like a Big Mac rolled up in a snack-sized tortilla. He would pick one up whenever he needed a little pick-me-up while working late at night.
So I was more than excited when he said he wanted to experiment with making his own version at home. (I guess my favorite hobby is starting to rub off on him.) He picked up the ingredients and got to work. I helped out a little by whipping up a homemade 1000 Island dressing, but the rest was all him. And I think he definitely nailed the re-creation. These were awesome!
Homemade McDonald’s McSnack Wraps
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and garlic powder to taste
- 1 c. 1000 Island dressing (homemade recipe below)
- Sliced cheddar cheese
- Dill pickle slices (We used the Kroger-brand “Fast Food Style”)
- 8 tortillas
1. Season ground beef with Worcestershire sauce, salt and garlic powder. Press meat into 8 thin patties. Cook on a large griddle about 10 – 15 minutes, flipping about halfway through. Cut each patty into thirds.
2. Spread dressing on tortillas. Top with hamburger pieces and layer on cheese and pickles.
3. Roll up tightly and enjoy.
Homemade 1000 Island Dressing
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- 3 T. ketchup
- 1 T. pickle relish
- 2 t. sugar
- 1 t. vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Stir all ingredients together until well combined.