This dessert is so good. It may sound a little complicated but it really comes together very easily. Our kids love this for dessert and my husband likes to take it as a snack because it holds together really well. I think my favorite part is that they are so flavorful you can cut the bars into smaller pieces and still be satisfied.
Try it with a glass of milk or cup of coffee. Indulgent and delicious!
Fudgy Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Bars
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 t. vanilla
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 2 1/2 c. quick oats
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugars and butters until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until combined.
2. Stir in flour, 1 1/2 c. oats, baking soda and salt. Work in remaining 1 c. oats with hands or a spoon.
3. Reserve 1 1/2 c. oats mixture for topping. Press the remaining mixture into a greased 13×9 dish. Pour fudgy filling on top. Crumble reserved oat mixture and sprinkle on top.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until top is lightly browned. Cool and then refrigerate to firm completely.
This post is being linked to: