Here is the second salad recipe for National Salad Month. Salads encompass so much more than just lettuce and dressing.
This salad might sound a little unusual, but once you taste it, you’ll find that the flavors all work perfectly together. And it is a fantastic option for entertaining. Say you’re torn between making a fruit salad or a pasta salad for your barbecue…make this fruity pasta salad and you’ve got all the bases covered. This recipe works for me, and it can be working for you all summer long too!
Fruity Pasta Salad
- 2 c. cubed cantaloupe
- 1/2 lb. strawberries, sliced
- 1 8oz. can diced pineapple, 2 T. juice reserved
- 1/2 lb. pasta, cooked and drained (I used gemelli. Other good options would be: cavatappi, fusilli, or rotini.)
- 1 6oz. container peach yogurt
- 3 T. sour cream
- 2 T. reserved pineapple juice
- 1 T. lemon juice
1. In a large bowl, combine cantaloupe, strawberries, pineapple and pasta. Toss and refrigerate.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate.
3. To serve, either drizzle the dressing over individual servings or combine the fruit and pasta with the dressing and stir to coat.
Stop by We Are That Family for more Works For Me Wednesday.