These rolls are SO easy and so delicious. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to go to brown and serve type rolls again!
Easy Batter Rolls
- 3 c. all-purpose flour (or 1 1/2 c. white, 1 1/2 c. wheat)
- 2 T. sugar
- 2 1/4 t. yeast (or 1 pkg.)
- 1 t. salt
- 1 c. water
- 2 T. butter
- 1 egg
- Melted butter
1. In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat water and butter to 120-130 degrees. Add to dry ingredients; beat until blended. Add egg; beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then on high for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining flour (batter will be stiff). Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
2. Stir dough down. Fill greased muffin cups half full. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pan to a wire rack. Brush tops with melted butter.