There was a half batch of chocolate chip cookie dough calling to me from the freezer on Sunday. I wanted to make something good for dessert; something that really constituted as Dessert with a capital D and not just cookies. So I started wondering if I could use the cookie dough as a pie crust. I figured it was worth a shot.
And that was definitely the right call. Man, did this pie turn out great! It’s a little rich and a lot delicious. It tastes better if it’s allowed to refrigerate at least 6 hours first though, so you might want to keep that in mind.
Creamy Peanut Butter Pie w/ Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust
- 1/2 batch of your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough (about enough to make 2 – 2 1/2 dozen cookies)
- 1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 T. milk, plus more if needed
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips, melted (optional)
1. Grease a pie plate and sprinkle bottom and sides with granulated sugar or flour. Press cookie dough into pie plate. Bake at 375 degress for 15 – 20 minutes, until browned and fully cooked. Immediately after removing from oven, gently press the center of the pie crust down with a spoon to help it flatten. These makes it more like a pie crust and less like bar cookies.
2. While pie crust is baking, beat together the cream cheese and peanut butter until creamy. Add powdered sugar and mix about 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla and milk. The consistency should be thinner than frosting but thicker than pudding.
3. Once pie crust is completely cooled, pour in filling. If desired, melt chocolate chips and pour or drizzle over pie. Or decorate any other way you’d like. Now that I think about it, I bet cut up peanut butter cups would be great on top!
I am excited to announce that Stolen Moments Menu Planning is now live! Menus planned and fully personalized for the entire month are currently just $7.95/month.