While not entirely traditional, we all thought this version of creamed spinach was delicious, even those of us (namely, our 9 year old) who do not like spinach. I played around with and adjusted things as I went, so the measurements might not be entirely accurate. They should be pretty close though.
- 2 T. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. frozen, chopped spinach
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 c. milk, as needed
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the frozen spinach and cook until completely thawed, stirring often.
2. Add the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and seasonings. Stir and cook until cheeses are completely melted. Thin to desired consistency with milk, a few splashes at a time.
3. Serve immediately. Or, for stolen moments style, transfer to a small casserole dish and refrigerate. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until heated through.
Visit The Grocery Cart Challenge for more recipes.