So what do you do when your crazy mom grabs a plate full of food, her camera and heads outside just before you’re supposed to eat dinner? Obviously, you tag along and pose in the background the entire time.
And really, who cares about food when this face is staring at you?
How do you keep the camera trained on the food when you’ve got a little girl posing in every way she knows how?
Sometimes, I have to mix the kids in with the food because life can’t always be just about food! I have a feeling I might be posting another series like this in the near future since all the other kids will want their own post as soon as they see this one.
And now on to the recipe…
Cornmeal-Dusted Potato Wedges
- 4 – 6 red-skinned potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 2 T. oil
- 1 c. cornmeal
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/4 t. cumin
- 1/8 t. crushed red pepper flakes
1. Combine melted butter and oil in a large bowl. Pour cormeal and seasonings into a large plastic zippered bag. Shake bag a few times to combine.
2. Add the cut potatoes to the bowl with the butter and oil. Toss to coat. Transfer a portion of the potatoes with a slotted spoon to the plastic bag. Shake to coat and place potatoes on a cookie sheet. Repeat until all of the potatoes are coated.
3. Bake potatoes at 375 degrees for 25-35 minutes, until fork tender inside but crispy on the outside. Enjoy!