My love of coffee is no secret and I’m sure it doesn’t need to be rehashed yet again. So, let’s just say that coffee-flavored cookies are a major win in my mind!
As much as I love the taste of these cookies, I think my favorite thing about them is what an awesome Christmas gift they make. A package of these combined with some coffee or a coffee shop gift card is a perfect gift for any coffee lover in your life. (And they’d even make a great option to leave out for Santa. After all, I’m sure the big guy could use an extra dose of caffeine on such a busy night!)
Coffee Bean Cookies
- 1 single-serving package Starbucks Via or 1 t. finely ground coffee
- 2 T. hot milk
- 3/4 c. butter, softened
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
1. Combine coffee and hot milk in a small bowl or cup and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese and sugars until fluffy and well-combined, about 3-5 minutes. Add coffee/milk mixture and vanilla; beat an additional minute. Add flour and stir just until combined.
3. Roll a teaspoon of dough into an oval shape, similar to a pecan. (If dough is difficult to handle, refrigerate for about an hour until easier to work with.) Place on a cookie sheet and repeat until done. Using a bamboo skewer, chopstick or other similarly shaped utensil, press into the middle of each oval to form a coffee bean shape.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, until lightly golden brown on the bottom. Cool on a wire rack.