I have really been craving anything that has a crisp and fresh summery taste lately. I don’t know why, although maybe it has something to do with it being summer. But who knows…maybe that’s just me.
This salad is just full of those flavors! It makes a great side dish and it’s also amazing tucked into a pita for a sandwich. And best of all, it has so few ingredients and it comes together in just minutes. What’s not to love?
Chickpea & Cucumber Salad
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large cucumber; peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1 5 oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 2 T. red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 t. sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/2 t. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 c. diced fresh parsley
1. Combine chickpeas, cucumber and black olives in a bowl. In a seperate bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Stir in parsley and pour over chickpea mixture. Toss to coat and refrigerate until serving.
See what I mean? It’s as easy as could be and yet extremely delicious. You could easily double or even triple for company or to take along to a picnic. Enjoy!