My love affair with cheese started when I was fairly young. Baked brie with apricot jam made a regular appearance at nearly all of my parents’ holiday gatherings and parties, and I would definitely sneak way more bites than I should have. I quickly learned to move on from that baked, gooey treat to enjoying brie in nearly any form I could get it.
Nowadays, brie might not be on our regular dining rotation, but we have still managed to instill a small brie-love gene in the kids. (Goat cheese is the first favorite, but brie is a close second.) They are definitely fans of baked brie just like I was, but they’ll gladly eat it in any form we serve it in. That makes me happy!
This Chicken, Brie, and Tomato Spaghetti is a super-quick dinner or lunch that tastes luxurious without any of the hassle. Fancy enough to impress company, yet easy enough to eat any night of the week…that’s absolutely a win in my book!
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. spaghetti, fully cooked and drained
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 t. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 2 c. brie or mozzarella, cubed
- 1/2 lb. grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat 2 T. olive oil in a large skillet. Add cubed chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until chicken is fully cooked. Stir in fully cooked spaghetti. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Pour into skillet and stir to combine.
- Stir in cheese and tomatoes. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Do you have a favorite fast-yet-fancy dinner? I’d love to hear about it!