This is the second of 4 check-ins for the 1/3 Less Challenge. Leaving a comment on this post WILL enter you in the $50 Visa gift card giveaway.
I’m feeling like I’m really slacking in my progress on this 1/3 Less Challenge. I had such high hopes and so many categories I wanted to focus around. But I’ve only managed to really focus on just a few of those original categories. I guess too many changes at once just don’t work for me. However, I am definitely feeling the benefits where I have cut back by 1/3, so I guess that’s good. How’s it going for you?
Here’s another quick and easy dish that will get you out of the kitchen in 1/3 Less time. Frozen ravioli is one prepared, convenience food that makes a regular appearance in our house without much guilt on my part. It’s always my go-to option on monthly grocery shopping day. Usually I toss it with some homemade marinara sauce and frozen spinach. However, even for a once a month dish, that gets a little old sometimes. So I came up with this very simple idea instead. It turned out great and was a wonderful change of pace. Plus, dinner was done, start to finish, in about 15 minutes. Perfect!
Brown Butter Ravioli with Peas & Parmesan
- 1 – 2 lbs. frozen cheese ravioli
- 1/3 c. butter
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 t. salt
- 1 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 c. frozen peas
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over low heat and cook, swirling pan frequently, for about 5 minutes, until golden brown in color. Stir in parsley, salt, pepper and peas. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes, until peas are completely warmed.
3. Toss the ravioli with the brown butter sauce and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.