I don’t know why I don’t make sandwiches as a main course more often. We all really enjoy them and the options are endless. Plus, they’re so easy! These Blackened Chicken Caesar Sandwiches turned out to be a huge hit with everyone.
As I was making them, I started doubting my choice of combining the blackened chicken with the Caesar dressing. But it actually was a really tasty combination and the smoky flavor of the chicken blended perfectly with the tangy taste of the dressing.
I’ll probably be sharing lots more sandwiches on here in the weeks to come. I’ve been bit by the sandwich-making bug I think. And I can not wait to combine some new sandwich ideas with my all-time favorite course – SOUP!! (Ah soup! I love soup! It’s almost fall, which means it’s almost soup weather. I am beyond excited.)
Blackened Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 T. blackening seasoning
- 1/4 c. Caesar dressing
- Monterey Jack or Munster cheese slices, optional
- Lettuce & tomatoes
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Cover both sides of chicken with blackening seasoning. Place in skillet and cook about 5-8 minutes per side, until chicken is fully cooked. (You may need to increase cook time if your chicken breasts are very thick.)
2. Cut the cooked chicken into slices. Pile onto buns, top with Caesar dressing, cheese (if desired) and lettuce and tomatoes. Super simple!