Banana bread is one of my favorite comfort foods. I love it warm with a small smear of cream cheese. But since I could easily eat a whole loaf in one day, I don’t make it as often as we’d all like.
When I do though, I always rely on the same recipe because it’s just that good. The bread stays moist and dense inside with a nice crispy crust. And the banana flavor is great.
Best Banana Bread
- 3 c. flour
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/8 t. nutmeg
- 1 c. butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 c. mashed bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 1 c. walnuts or chocolate chips
1. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together the melted butter and sugar until sugar is mostly dissolved. Add eggs and beat until batter is a custard color/consistency.
3. Stir in mashed bananas and vanilla until combined. Slowly add flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Fold in walnuts or chocolate chips.
4. Divide batter evenly among two greased loaf pans and bake at 375 degrees for 55-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This bread is going to make a great start to our week when we all have it for breakfast tomorrow morning. Don’t forget to come back tomorrow night for the first day of 3 Moms, 3 Kitchens, 31 Days.