Apparently, BBQ Nachos are a thing. I had no idea until after I was raving over this meal with my husband and saying how I couldn’t believe I hadn’t thought of it sooner. His reponse was “you’ve really never had them before?” Um…obviously not. I felt a bit like a dummy, but hey, I guess there are only so many new ideas out there when it comes to meals.
Sometimes, the truth hurts. But I’m so glad Eric has agreed to be my taste-tester and my truth-teller. And you all should be too. I can’t tell you how many times our dinner table conversation has included him telling me that something is not blog-worthy or that it needs to be re-worked to have some flavor before I post about it.
Anyhow, in case you’ve been living under a rock like I appearantly have, I wanted to share this recipe with you. I loved it! I’m already plotting ways to make sure I have leftover pork or chicken every single time we grill this summer just so I can whip this up.
- 1/2 – 1 lb. fully cooked pork or chicken, diced or shredded (leftovers work perfectly!)
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 c. barbecue sauce
- Tortilla chips
- 2 fresh ears corn, kernels cut off
- 1/3 c. sliced green onions
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1. Combine meat with kidney beans and barbecue sauce in a bowl. Stir to incorporate.
2. Spread tortilla chips on a baking sheet and spoon bbq mixture on top. Sprinkle with freshly cut corn kernels, green onions and cheese. Bake at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes, until cheese is completely melted.
If you don’t want to turn on the oven, you can also prepare this on individual plates and then microwave until the cheese is melted.
So…BBQ Nachos…have you had them before?