- 2 T. Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg. mild Italian sausage (either pork or turkey)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c. beef stock
- 1 t. thyme
- 1/2 t. pepper
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausages and cook for about 10 minutes. Flip sausages, cover skillet and cook 10 minutes longer.
2. Remove sausages and set aside. Add onions and garlic to skillet, season with salt to taste. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in beef stock, thyme and pepper. Add sausages back to skillet. Bring stock to a slow boil and let simmer until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Serve over mashed potatoes.
- 1 1/2 lb. potatoes
- 1/3 c. butter
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
1. Peel and cube potatoes. Put in a large pot filled with cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Drain.
2. Return drained potatoes to the pot. Mash with butter. Stir in milk, sour cream, and salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.