I’ve had the idea for these cups floating around in my head for a long time. I’ve always loved appetizer-type dishes made with canned crescent rolls or biscuits. However, I wanted to be able to make similar dishes with a made-from-scratch dough. So I finally tackled that project this weekend and I am so happy with the way they turned out.
This recipe makes 2 dozen, so there are plenty to stick in the freezer to enjoy later. We reheated a frozen batch for lunch today and they turned out wonderfully! These are definitely versatile enough for breakfast or lunch.
Bacon, Cheese & Egg Biscuit Cups
For Biscuit Dough:
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 2 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 T. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
1. In a large bowl, whisk or sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk and egg until dough comes together. Knead a few times by hand and set aside.
- 6 eggs
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- To taste: hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper…or any other seasonings you’d like to add
1. Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Stir in cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add other ingredients and stir to combine.
1. Using about 2 T. of biscuit dough at a time, press into the bottom, and 3/4 of the way up the sides, of lightly greased muffin tins. Pre-bake at 400 degrees for 3 minutes.
2. Pour 1/4 c. egg mixture into each pre-baked biscuit cup and bake for 12-15 minutes longer, until eggs are completely set and biscuit cups are slightly browned.