As long as I have a few of these items on hand, I can make a complete meal. These are the top things that I buy in bulk and that I rarely run out of, so I’ve learned to be creative when other things get low.
- Legumes – all types of beans and lentils
- Rice – both brown and white (we eat brown rice 98% of the time, but I like to have white rice on hand just in case I need something that cooks quicker)
- Pasta – we always have at least spaghetti and elbow macaroni
- Cheese – lots and lots of cheese! I kid you not, we easily go through 20 lbs. of cheese a month
- Flour – both white and whole wheat
- Canned tomatoes – all varities (sauce, paste, diced, stewed, etc.)
- Onions & garlic
- Frozen veggies – especially spinach, peas and corn
- Beef and chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Spices – especially Italian seasoning, chili powder, curry and cumin
- Peanut butter
- Plain yogurt & sour cream
Head over here for more T13.